Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"i"...Am such a Nerd

I never thought the realization that what we're studying in class would hit me in the face as abruptly as it did tonight. Surprisingly, my Mom told me about a new TV show on ABC called, "i-CAUGHT."

On the show's website, host Bill Weir gives a video definition about what the show's goals are. In text, it says,
We call this new television and Internet experience i-CAUGHT. Because
that's how so many people feel these days. Everywhere you look - cameras -
catching everything: breaking news... making headlines... turning unknowns into
celebrities... turning others into laughing stocks...

And for all the world to see - in an instant. It's video at the speed of life.
Every week, i-CAUGHT brings you the real stories - reporting on the real people -
behind the videos that millions of us watch and share everyday.

I think the show reinforces Americans' perception that we are always being watched, but they profile different videos on different topics every week. From identity theft, to Miss Teen South Carolina, to a guy on an Etch-a-Sketch, they highlight what's hot and how video posting has impacted our culture.

I found it particularly amusing tonight. They guy in the famous, "Numa Numa" video was interviewed, and he gave an unbelievable testimony of how his life has been changed by his stupid, yet hilarious video.

Some of you may already know about this show, but I got really excited when I started watching it. I think I will faithfully be in front of the TV every Tuesday from 9-10 p.m. from now on.

No comments: