Friday, September 28, 2007

Bravia Advertisement

I posted over on my blog about my brother calling me cool, which happens rarely enough to merit a mention in and of itself. In doing so though, he reminded me of this brilliant advertisement for Sony Bravia televisions:





I love the campaign strategy here - they took what was an awesome ad and added another dimension by creating a Web site to showcase it.

I've never seen the ad on television, but I've watched it a few times online, read about it and talked to my friends about it. I even went so far as to post it on my Facebook profile because I thought the story behind the ad was so neat.


This is an advertising model that other businesses should take note of - truly using the Internet to advertise your business. With this campaign Sony has tapped into what Web 2.0 is all about - conversation. They have realized people want information, so they took what was an interesting ad and made it fascinating by telling the story behind it. They gave people the information and resources to continue the conversation past just passive viewing, and in turn created advertising far more effective than a banner ad on a Web page or the television advertisement alone. Bravo, Bravia!

Edited to correct a spelling mistake. Sorry guys!

No comments: