Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's all Greek to me!

Many students on campus would agree that The Red & Black sometimes is viewed as an anti-Greek organization. Although the paper occasionally publishes an article about an event a fraternity or sorority is having, more often than not the only news coverage Milledge Avenue receives is concerning whoever has gotten himself into trouble most recently.

My life sometimes turns into an interesting conflict of interests as I am both a sorority girl and starting my third semester as a Red & Black staffer. When the buzz in the newsroom began about the possibility of blogs becoming a part of our online news site, I jumped at the opportunity to start a Greek life blog. While I doubt my blog will be the catalyst for mass amounts of positive press for Greek, I've been doing my best to put some positive PR out there for the Greek community, with The Red & Black's name attached.

No matter what your personal feelings about Greek life are, I hope you all will check out my blog, Greek Speak. My goal is to tackle controversial issues and events pertaining to Greeks as well as broadcast the plethora of philanthropy events hosted throughout the semester. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

No comments: